We help organisations, schools and settings by supporting and fulfilling their safeguarding duties in line with The Children Act 1989, UNICEF Rights of the Child 1989 and the Care Act 2014.
With good practice from completing audits and delivering compliance workshops, she is confident with her knowledge about understanding the safeguarding agenda.
Additionally, she supports settings in trouble shooting cases that are stuck, about to be closed by statutory agencies or never accepted as a referral.
Ann Marie provides safeguarding supervision to organisations safeguarding leads, leadership teams, trustees, governance and more.
Contact us for bespoke consultancy needs
Over the last five years, her experience has been strengthened by supporting Independent, Boarding and International Schools inject safeguarding compliancy and expertise across their settings.
She is an Associate Safeguarding Consultant for the Council Of International School COIS & the British schools of the Middle East and delivers training and consultancy internationally
Ann Marie delivered safeguarding seminars for Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) Consultancy between 2015 and 2018 and trained safeguarding leads, trustees, governance and leadership.
Ann Marie has been supporting international schools in the Middle East since 2008 and this expanded to East Asia, Caribbean and Europe thereafter.
Consultancy options depend on your needs, Ann Marie has done the following requests:
- CEO request; to deep dive into a culture of reporting and decision making in a particular setting where the DSL had not made one referral to social care in a whole academic year. Outcome: Fault discovered with decision making in SLT and DSL. Two referrals made the same day Ann Marie visited as an outcome of her investigation.
- Provide Safeguarding Supervision to Cluster schools and Multi Academy Trust DSL’s requested by the CEO. Outcome: Improved well-being of DSL’s, increased confidence when challenging social care, joint learning and measuring outcomes and trends over the academic Year. CEO updated and extra resources offered to DSL and LA managers contacted with feedback.
- Pre Ofsted Inspection: Leadership requesting a safeguarding audit to ensure the school is compliant in practice. Outcome: Health and Safety in the school playground corrected.
- Overseas- Middle East: Leadership requesting safeguarding consultancy & training to whole staff and leadership. Outcome: Safeguarding team created and stronger support in leadership.
- Overseas:-Far East Leadership concerned about staff conduct and behaviours of three individuals. Consultancy provided over ten months and onsite training provided. Outcomes: Three individuals no longer in the setting.